The project ensures that the Ministry of Local Self -Government as coordinator and monitoring authority of the decentralization process in the country enable citizens oriented local governance.
The project aims to improve vertical and horizontal accountability, transparency, as well as to provide innovative concepts for better access to services and participatory governance.
- The Ministry of Local Self-Government is trained to communicate in a systematic manner using a web-based e-platform with the citizens, civil society organizations, municipalities, local communities and line ministries.
- The portal with an e-catalogue of procedures for local services at the pilot municipality (Gostivar) is fully functional and available to all citizens.
- All 81 local self-government units have preconditions to make progress in providing e-services at a local level.
- Inter-municipal cooperation (IMC) at policy and operational practice level has been improved.
- Analytical documentation has been developed regarding the possibilities of the centers for development of the Vardar and East planning regions to deliver services inter-regionally to the private sector, academia and citizens.
- The basis for implementation of the 2015-2020 Programme for Sustainable Local Development and Decentralisation has been improved overall.
- Potentials for rural tourism development in the planning regions have been identified and mapped, as basis for future projects in rural tourism development.