Preparation of Second Biennial Update Report to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
The goal of this project is to assist the country in mainstreaming and integration of climate change consideration into national and sectoral development policies by providing continuity to the institutional and technical capacity strengthening process.
This project will additionally improve the sustainability for preparation of future Biennial Update Reports and will facilitate the reporting requirements to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Biennial Update Reports are reports to be submitted by non-Annex I Parties, containing updates of national Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventories, including a national inventory report and information on mitigation actions, needs and support received.
Such reports provide updates on actions undertaken by a Party to implement the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, including the status of its GHG emissions and removals by sinks, as well as on the actions to reduce emissions or enhance sinks.
· Revise and update the national circumstances and institutional arrangements relevant to the preparation of the biennial update reports.
· Update information on features of population, natural resources, climate and economy relevant to mitigation and adaptation;
· Elaborate national development objectives, priorities, circumstances and specific needs and
requirements - taking into account the outcomes of the COP 21 in Paris, as well as the new global sustainable development framework, and relevant sustainable development goals;
· Develop new inventories for 2013-2014 in 2006 software and improving the quality of the whole series 1990-2014.
· Develop a GHG Inventory for 2013-2014 developed according to 2006 IPCC guidelines;
· Upgrade Emission Monitoring from Industry sector (EMI) software and incorporate it into the National Environmental Information System;
· Develop innovative tools for collection of data from other sectors.
· Increase capacities of relevant stakeholders increased to ensure regular data collection and sharing, as well as quality control of the national GHG inventory.
· Upgrade legal framework for GHG data collection and management.
· Prepare National Inventory Report.
· Revise and validate baseline and mitigation scenarios, along with detailed assessment of co-benefits of the mitigation scenarios and impact analyses of different policy instruments for GHG emission reduction.
· Assess technology, financial and capacity needs for mitigation and connecting recommendations with government priorities.
· Support to the process of establishment of the domestic Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) arrangements.
|Global Environmental Facility (GEF)