UNDP assists the City of Skopje to become more resilient to climate change and other environmental threats, and to work with the public administration to help it design and deliver better services for its citizens. The project will pursue these aims by assisting the City of Skopje in implementing a set of priority measures identified in the Climate Change Strategy – Resilient Skopje and the Skopje Innovation Framework.
The long-term objective of the project is to assist the City of Skopje to become more resilient to climate change and other environmental challenges, and to build a public administration that will design and deliver innovative and more efficient services for its citizens. The immediate objective of the project is to assist the City of Skopje in the implementation of a set of priority measures identified in the Climate Change Strategy – Resilient Skopje, and the Skopje Innovation Framework.
· Building capacities of the City of Skopje administration in new approaches and techniques of service design and delivery and collecting citizens feedback
· Creating an enabling environment for enhanced cooperation with citizens and businesses for improved public services delivery
· Designing or re-designing two services to increase the satisfaction of citizens that are using that service
· Development of a Biotope Map for the Skopje Region
· Development of an Inventory of Riparian Habitats (water habitats) and an Action plan for Skopje agglomeration
· Development of a basic design for establishment of a green corridor along the Serava River
· Development of a Groundwater Study for the Skopje agglomeration
· Identifying possible transmission paths of six-valent chrome in Zeden Mountain groundwaters and their impact on Rashce spring
· Upgrading the Skopje Green Cadastre through inventorization of additional trees and shrubs
· Construction of Green Roofs
· Greening of slopes of the Skopje Fortress
· Designing and implementing public awareness activities for waste burning and using polluting heating sources